Saturday 12 June 2010

Party Like a Rock Star

So I rolled myself out of bed today at 9:30 because we were supposed to leave at 10 to go to a friends house and do some bike riding. We ended up leaving at around 10:20... I was a bit cranky this morning too, still tired from yesterday and having to get up earlier than I'd like. Anyway, we got to the friends house around 12. It was the husband's (Steven... Ishtvan(?)) 59th birthday, and there were a bunch of other people over for this birthday, most of whom were in the generation before mine.

Fortunately they spoke English, so I was able to chat with pretty much all of them for the five or so hours that we hung out there, which I enjoyed a lot. Admittedly, I've also been doing a bit of drinking - Sorry. I see it more as an educational opportunity. I think it's better to learn to drink when and where I have people I can trust rather than learning how to drink with other kids... That's my opinion on it anyway. I think I've been pretty responsible about my limits so far, anyway. Plus I can drink legally here...

So afterwards we went to go visit Tusi at the contemporary art museum where she works. I had her guide me around one of the galleries. I enjoyed it a lot. I feel like I've been able to appreciate art in general ever since I started going to architecture school. They do something with your head over there in art school I think... But I enjoyed it. I took Zsuzsi and Tusi out to dinner while Tibi babysat Shebi. I had a catfish dish. Headed back afterwards and got home around 9:30. Short entry today, but I'm pretty tired. And the pictures I took today are on my phone, and the cable is still in the studio... I'll go get it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment